Six Thinking Hats offers a practical and uniquely positive approach to making decisions and exploring new ideas – and managing group thought and decisions. de Bono, long known as the foremost international authority on conceptual thinking and on the teaching of thinking as a skill recognizes the confusion created by thinking about things in too many ways at once unscrambles the thinking process with his “six thinking hats”
- WHITE HAT: neutral and objective, concerned with facts and figures
- RED HAT: the emotional view
- BLACK HAT: careful and cautious, the “devil’s advocate” hat
- YELLOW HAT: sunny and positive
- GREEN HAT: associated with fertile growth, creativity, and new ideas
- BLUE HAT: cool, the color of the sky, above everything else-the organizing hat
Running your discipleship group gets easier, more powerful, and super-efficient when you can recognize and make space for the different moments of thought and verbal processing. For the disciple, the power of Six Thinking Hats is found in how they can excel as they communicate, lead businesses, and work in groups.